I received a letter the other day from my insurance company. They denied payment for the genetic testing for the breast cancer gene. I was disappointed but only slightly. My disappointment was slight because the one decision that I finally made was to tell my surgeon that it didn’t matter whether I had the breast cancer gene or not, I did not want to have a prophylactic mastectomy.
Making that choice to keep my breast was a hard one.